Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello I am 10wks & 2 days pregnant I also

Hello I am 10wks & 2 days pregnant I also

Patient: Hello I am 10wks & 2 days pregnant I also have a cyst on my left ovary a few days ago I had a bleed and have been spotting on and off since I have been alittle uncomfortable at times but not in pain what does this mean and should I be worried?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.The possible causes of spotting in your case are increased blood supply to local genital structures, growing gestational sac damaging the surrounding vessels, bleeding on expected date of periods as small gestational sac cannot completely obliterate uterine cavity etc.Small ovarian cyst itself may not lead to spotting.Usually, minimal spotting with these type of causes will subside soon.If spotting persists and pain abdomen occurs better to consult your doctor once and get examined. By examination and an ultrasound the possible cause of the problem can be identified and treated.care.