Ask The Doctor > Pending > Hello, I am 15 and I have primary amenorrhea I

Hello, I am 15 and I have primary amenorrhea I

Patient: Hello, I am 15 and I have primary amenorrhea.I started breast development when I was 10 and I have all the other signs of puberty, just no periods.I occasionally get mild pains in my pelvis, and very rarely sharp stabbing pains on one side (where the ovary would be?).I went to my GP recently and she performed a PV to check for any obvious structural abnormalities and said that she could not feel a cervix. I am obviously no expert but I have tried to feel as well, and I am pretty sure I can feel a cervix but it is bent to my left side and isn’t angled upwards.Any ideas on what could be causing amenorrhea?Thanks

Doctor: