Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello, I am 16 years

Hello, I am 16 years

Patient: Hello, I am 16 years old. I was recently playing soccer and I tried to stop a powerful ball with my right foot, next thing you know it was hard for me to walk and had to stop playing. I went to the doctor and had a x-ray taken, no fractures or sprain, but I have this pain right near my ankle, everytime I kick a ball or make a fast turn that doesn’t allow me to continue. It’s a sharp pain once I kick it I have to sit down. I was wondering if you knew what it was and any suggestions on what to do? I’ve circled the area of pain.

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern.You are li kely to be having muscular pain or ligament injury. Treatment of it is rest and analgesic such as ibuprofen. Vitamin B and C is helpful in recovery. Physiotherapy can be of help. Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.