Hello, I am 16 years

Patient

Q: Hello, I am 16 years old. I was recently playing soccer and I tried to stop a powerful ball with my right foot, next thing you know it was hard for me to walk and had to stop playing. I went to the doctor and had a x-ray taken, no fractures or sprain, but I have this pain right near my ankle, everytime I kick a ball or make a fast turn that doesn't allow me to continue. It's a sharp pain once I kick it I have to sit down. I was wondering if you knew what it was and any suggestions on what to do? I've circled the area of pain.

Doctor

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern.You are likely to be having muscular pain or ligament injury. Treatment of it is rest and analgesic such as ibuprofen. Vitamin B and C is helpful in recovery. Physiotherapy can be of help. Hope your query get answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care.