Hello I am 17 y/o, I have never had sexual

Q: Hello. I am 17 y/o, I have never had sexual encounter and I'd like to ask about my period. It has been very irregular the last 3 months, the first two it came 1w earlier, now, in the 3rd one, the PMS occured (hurtful nipples, very tight vagina, low hard cervix, cramps), yet, even after 1w from when it was due, it has still not arrived. The cervix is now high and nipples are starting to hurt less. What is happening? (There are 5w since the last period)

A:   Hi,

Little bit of irregularity in periods can occur due to many causes like lifestyle modifications, polycystic ovary disease, stress and strain, weight changes etc leading to gonadal hormonal imbalance, thyroid hormonal imbalance, prolactin level changes etc.
Usually menstrual cycle with length of 21 days to 35 days should be considered as normal only.
As you are having premenstrual symptoms, you can wait for one more week and possibly you may get periods by that time.
If you do not get periods even after one week, as you are having history of irregular periods since three months, better to get evaluated.
So, please do consult your doctor, get examined and go for investigations like ultrasound, gonadal hormonal profile, thyroid hormonal profile, prolactin levels, hemoglobin and blood sugar levels estimation etc.
With this workup the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated.

Take care