Hello, I am 17 years old My period is very irregular

Patient

Q: Hello, I am 17 years old. My period is very irregular. I haven't had it in about 4 months. When doctors ask I tell them about it being irregular but they are never concerned, so I've never been too concerned. Well since I don't know when my period is going to come, I don't know when I ovulate. I had unprotected sex 3 days ago and I want to know if there's any way I could become pregnant?

Doctor

There is always a fair chance of pregnancy even in women with irregular cycles. You will have to do a pregnancy test after 14 days of the last intercourse to rule out pregnancy and see the doctor for further help if it is positive. If negative, repeat again after 7 days to be rest assured.

Hope this helped.