Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello, I am 22 years old I have been

Hello, I am 22 years old I have been

Patient: Hello, I am 22 years old. I have been on the birth control seasonique for the past 4 years. Two weeks ago on February 13, 2015 my alternate form of birth control failed. I now feel that I might be pregnant. I am scheduled to have my period in two weeks. I missed my pill three days ago. Usually when I miss a pill so close to my period starting, my period will start or I will begin to spot. This time nothing has happened. I was wondering what are the chances of me being pregnant at this point and if I took a test now how accurate would the results be.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.When you miss a pill for three days and do not use a backup contraception, there is alw ays a chance of pregnancy. Do a pregnancy test after 20 days of your last intercourse.Hope this helped.Regards