Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello — I am 26 and consider myself pretty healthy

Hello — I am 26 and consider myself pretty healthy

Patient: Hello — I am 26 and consider myself pretty healthy. I’m fairly active and typically work out 5 or 6 times a week. I eat well… Making many of my meals myself. High protein and produce diet… Though my schedule has changed recently due to work and I haven’t been to the gym as much.Just yesterday part of my foot was feeling funny, similar to feeling ‘asleep’ or tingly but the feeling did not go away after a few minutes and I’m having difficulty moving my left foot upwards. I can move it down and around.. But not up. It doesn’t really hurt, and it’s not really numb. Just having trouble with moving uoward, like pointing toes up (on one foot)

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Noted the history of your workouts and the diet in the past and the recent history of the funny feeling of the left foot like sleeping since yesterday.Now it is difficult to move the foot upwards.This is called foot-drop.In this condition, you can move the foot up, and around but not upwards.Neither it is numb nor it is really numb.The probable causes for foot drop on the left side can be:Nerve injurySpinal or brain problems.Muscle problems.I would advise you the following:Consult an Orthopedic Surgeon ASAP to get a clinical examination done and the investigations accordingly.The treatment will be done as per the cause.