Hello I am 32 year old male I have been

Patient: Hello I am 32 year old male I have been smoking for about 17 years I have had a soar throat only when swallowing liquid for about 2 weeks now and some throat tightness. test that I have done. Upper Gi, Mri of neck and head,cbc,urine test, hiv test, chest x ray, all about 3 months ago. The only thing that came back was Gerd which i take medicine for now.I also use cpap for sleep apnea and have sinus mastoidides. I have alot of anxiety about having cancer since my grandma died of lung cancer and sister had esphogiaus cancer. I am wondering if I should ask for chest mri or other things or am I just having anxiety.I also have large tonsils

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.GERD is a frequent cause of sore throat due to repeated reflux.If you stop smoking, then the chances of malignancy will reverse. You’re still young and hence it would not have caused that much damage. I can understand your anxiety, and if you want you can proceed with the tests, however, I can assure you, it won’t be positive for any cancer.Please stop smoking as it also increases chances of more infections in the throat.Hope this was helpful,Regards.

Patient: This white coating on my tongue brushes off but comes back everyday also how do I send pic of it