Hello, I am a 13 year old girl and I need help

Q: Hello, I am a 13 year old girl and I really need help on something. About 2 weeks ago I was wiping myself down in my area and I felt a tiny pop. It turns out I got a minor tear in my vagina and it is less that half a millimeter long. I got a little bit of blood afterwards. I got brown discharge for a couple days then it stopped . Now I regularly have beige and smelly discharge and I think I either have vaginitis or BV. How can I heal this myself? I really don't want to tell my mom because this was an accident. Please help!!!

Symptoms:  None

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

I think that you have just ruptured the hymen. This is normal in physical activity and in active girls. This is nothing to be worried about. If the bleeding does not stop, please tell your mom and then see a Doctor. Do not worry, I doubt your mum will be upset.

Hope this helps you.