Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello I am a 14 year old girl I  am 120-130 pounds. Can i take combogia pill?

Hello I am a 14 year old girl I  am 120-130 pounds. Can i take combogia pill?

Patient: Hello I am a 14 year old girl I am around 120-130 pounds and i am 4’11 in height. Is the garcina cambogia pill safe for me to use?

Doctor: Hi,Thank you for writing to Ask The Doctor.Garcinia cambogia is a tropical fruit also known as Malabar Tamarind. It contains the active ingredient hydroxycitric acid. HCA helps to block some enzymes which can help to reduce weight.This is how it would work in theory but practically, HCA has not shown any benefit. I recommend that you invest in a good exercise plan and healthy eating. If you are not able to lose weight, I recommend that you talk to a Doctor and hire a Personal Trainer. All the best.