Hello, I am a 19 year old female Recently i

Patient : Hello, I am a 19 year old female. Recently i discovered several red bumps in my vaginal area. They do not contain anything they are just red and painful to the touch. They first occured after i shaved and had been scratching the area for several days and while i was scratching the area my period started and i continued to scratch. At first i thought it was genital herpes, however i havent felt sick and there is no fluid in the bumps but now I am unsure. I then thought a bacterial infection because of the bacteria from my period and hands and I kept my pad on for a long period of time. I am sexually active but my only partner has been tested and is clean, now I am just worried what it could be
Symptoms:  Red bumps, irritated
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. The symptoms that you have described could be due to hair follicle infection or follicu litis. They can be associated with itching, redness and burning, triggered generally by stress, shaving of hair and repeated touching over the area. Kindly stop all the medications and consult a dermatologist for an examination and investigations. once the diagnosis is confirmed, the doctor will treat you accordingly. You can trim your pubic hair rather than shaving them as it will not cause friction and secondary infection. Drink plenty of water. Hope this helped. Regards