Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello I am a 21 year old female. I haven’t had my period.

Hello I am a 21 year old female. I haven’t had my period.

Patient: Hello. I am a 21 year old female. I havent had my period for 3 months now. I have a pain in my vagina, feels like a bladder infection but im urinating jist fine. I have taken pregnancy test and all come out negative. I can not afford a doctor at the moment and im worried. I can’t even enjoy sex without it hurting. I’ve been with the same man for 4 years and neither of us have slept with anyone else. Any Idea of what could be wRong?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Irregularities in menstrual cycles can occur due to many cau ses like lifestyle modifications, polycystic ovary disease, gonadal hormonal imbalance, thyroid hormonal imbalance, prolactin level changes, general conditions like anemia etc.Pain in the vagina and abdomen can be seen due to pelvic inflammatory disease, which can rarely lead to adhesions inside the uterus and amenorrhea.To find out the possible cause, you need evaluation.So, please do consult your doctor, get examined and go for investigations like ultrasound, gonadal hormonal profile, thyroid hormonal profile, prolactin levels, hemoglobin and blood sugar levels estimation etc.With this work up, the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated.Till you can consult your Doctor, you can take the support of antispasmodic drugs to control the pain.Hope this helps.Take care.