Hello, I am a 22 year old female and I have

Q: Hello,

I am a 22 year old female and I have been having an unusual vaginal discharge for a few months now. I rinse the area each time after using the washroom to clean the area and the problem has slowly gotten worse. It used to occur only for a day or two between menstrual cycles but now each day there is a large amount of discharge. It ranges from thick and cloudy to very thin and watery daily or even a few times a day and is always accompanied by a rather strong foul odor. I have only ever been sexually active with one man, and I am his only sexual partner as well. I have also never had oral sex performed on me.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and I am most comfortable with natural home remedies if there are some available.

Thank you very much for your time and for providing this service.

Symptoms:  Daily vaginal discharge ranging from thick and cloudy to thin and watery, accompanied by a strong foul odor. No burning, itching, discomfort while urinating.

Persistent vaginal discharge that is foul smelling needs an intervention medically. Home remedies may not be beneficial.
This could be due to a vaginal infection, need not always be blamed on a history of intercourse. Some alterations in the vaginal pH and bacterial flora in the genital system can lead to infections.
It is recommended that you consult a gynecologist for an examination and a high vaginal swab investigations may be done for a culture of the discharge. This will help in detecting the organism and start you up on antibiotics and vaginal pessaries accordingly. If left untreated, this can lead to endometriosis and pelvic infections and later cause infertility.
You can use feminine washes which contain lactic acid to cleanse the vagina, for temporary relief.

Hope this helped.