Hello I am a 39 yo Female Live a very

Patient

Q: Hello. I am a 39 y.o. Female. Live a very healthy lifestyle and low fat diet. I do not take any medication except 25 mcg of dessicated thyroid. My last full panel blood test showed that my desmosterol is 4,48 and my desmosterol to cholesterol ratio is 229. What does it mean?
Thank you.

Symptoms:  Tired
Doctor

A:   Hello, Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.
I am glad to know that you are living a healthy lifestyle. Desmosterol is an indirect way of measuring cholesterol. Your level and ratio is raised. This requires consideration.
I would advice you to get a Fasting Lipid Profile done which measures, Triglycerides, HDL and LDL. If they are normal, no treatment is indicated. In case, the lipid profile is disturbed, you would require to get it under control.
However, at this level of derangement, only dietary and lifestyle modifications are required.
Also, you should keep your thyroid under control.
I would advice you following life style modification:
1.Reduce your weight.
2.Avoid Fatty food in diet.
3.To consume potato, rice, oil, ghee, sweets, carbonated beverages in moderated amount only.
4. Avoid alcohol and smoking in case you do.
Get your lipid profile repeated after 3 months and write back to me with reports.
I hope the information helps you.
If you have any further query, please ask me.
Stay Healthy.

Patient: Hello,
Thank you for your answer, I appreciate it.
I was fasting for this panel. I am 5,7 with weight of 115, do not drink alcohol or smoke. Do not eat sugar except 2-3 teaspoons of honey a day no sodas or anything unhealthy. Plante of veggies and fruit, some rice, quinoa. I do not eat any bread/pasta. Here is the rest of the cholesterol panel Sitosterol 3.27, Cholestanol 3,90, Cholestanol ratio 1,97.
Total cholesterol 197, LDL-c 126, HDL-c 64,
Triglycerides 46, non Non HDL-c 133. Please let me know if there is anything I could do with this results and my desmosterol results. Thank you again, I deeply appreciate your help.
Doctor: Hi, Thanks for the appreciation. It motivated me for a better work.
Your lipid profile is with in normal range.
You need to carry on with the healthy lifestyle.
No intervention or medicines are needed.
Good Luck.