Hello I am a healthy 17 year old female, no

Q: Hello. I am a healthy 17 year old female, no previous health conditions. About 3 years ago I discovered a swollen lymph node at the base of my skull on the right side, a little bit above my hairline. I was in 8th grade at the time, and I didn't think it could be anything serious. I ignored it and it eventually went away. Since then it constantly waxes and wanes. I have been to the doctor about it four times. Each time he has told me it is nothing to worry about, but I am still terrified. It never gets bigger than about 1.5-2 cm. I can't stop worrying about it and I am very concerned.
I should add: I constantly scratch and pick at my scalp to the point where it bleeds. It's not itchy, it's more of an anxious compulsion. I have been doing it as long as I can remember. Could this possibly be the cause?
Thank you very much.