Ask The Doctor » Questions & Answers » Hello, I am a little worried whether I have a

Hello, I am a little worried whether I have a

Patient: Hello, I am a little worried whether I have a sebaceous cyst or a genital wart. Is there a way I could send a picture to get an answer?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,The basic difference which can be made out between a sebaceous cyst and a genital wart is the presence of a central black dot over the swelling or lump under the skin in case of sebaceous cyst. This difference is evident by naked eye and is the point of distinction between the two, where both are skin coloured and if in the genital area appear the same, but more often, the size of the cyst is larger than a normal genital wart.You can always attach a picture to this portal /platform of ATD and ask the query for a better diagnosis and opinion.The final diagnosis though can be made by a local examination.I hope I have answered your query,Wishing you good health,Regards

Patient: I don’t see how to add an image. I’m on my phone right now. It’s actually a white bump, and I don’t see anything in the middle.

Doctor: I think the option is available if you are accessing the site through a laptop or desktop. It can be a wart , but needs to be looked at.