Hello, I am a male , 24 years old ,I

Patient

Q: Hello, I am a male , 24 years old ,I feel pretty healthy... Just had a check up and my platelets are low, last month it was 71.000 and in the last tests I had was 63.000 , my pathologist suggested to see a blood specialist, everything else in my blood tests are normal, I am kinda scared, what could cause the problem?

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

Platelets in the range of 71,000 and 63,000 is a matter of concern, you can develop bleeding tendency.
Yes, you should consult Hematologist for thorough clinical evaluation, physical examination, ultrasonography and full blood work.
It looks that you may need a bone marrow biopsy.
Final diagnosis alone can give the guideline for proper treatment.