Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello, I am a male , 24 years old ,I

Hello, I am a male , 24 years old ,I

Patient: Hello, I am a male , 24 years old ,I feel pretty healthy… Just had a check up and my platelets are low, last month it was 71.000 and in the last tests I had was 63.000 , my pathologist suggested to see a blood specialist, everything else in my blood tests are normal, I am kinda scared, what could cause the problem?

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Platelets in the range of 71,000 and 63,000 is a matter of concern, you can develop blee ding tendency.Yes, you should consult Hematologist for thorough clinical evaluation, physical examination, ultrasonography and full blood work.It looks that you may need a bone marrow biopsy.Final diagnosis alone can give the guideline for proper treatment.