October 16, 2018

Hello I am about 40 lbs over weight, trying to lose weight.

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello I am about 40 lbs over weight, trying to lose weight.

Patient: Hello. I am about 40 lbs over weight, trying to lose weight. Three years ago I had something traumatic in my life and began to spot, bleed a small amount for a week. 2 years ago I had a transvaginal ultrasound and it was normal, had some atrophy. I have not had sex because the last time I bled. Over the past couple mos I am experiencing vaginal soreness and once in awhile a little burning after urinating. No pain. No itching. Yesterday I started spotting a tiny bit, usually after urinating, today it was a little pink and light brown, watery discharge, this happened just once. I am 62, last period I was 55. Thank you

Symptoms: Vaginal burning, pink spotting, today one time of light brown discharge.

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query at ATD.I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.As you are in your menopause, spotting and bleeding after menopause needs to be investigated in view of cancer also.The cause of your symptoms could be due to vaginal dryness (Atrophic vaginitis), Endometrial carcinoma and endometrial hyperplasia.So you should consult your treating physician and get your hysteroscopy along with endometrial biopsy to establish the cause.Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.Good luck.Regards

Patient: Thank you for answering. I was unaware there could be vaginal soreness with endometrial cancers. This can be experienced with those?

Patient: Also, when I had the transvaginal ultrasound, the thickness of my uterine lining was 5

Doctor: Hi,
Yes,vaginal soreness may also occur in endometrial carcinoma.
As in your case endometrium thickness is only 5mm,so the chances of endometrial carcinoma is also very low.
Hope found useful.
Good luck.

Was this answer helpful?
Yes
No

READ THIS NEXT

×
Show