Hello, I am due for my annual womens exam, but

Q: Hello, I am due for my annual womens exam, but my doctor is booked for the next 3 months and my prescription for birth control ends this month. Could I go to a general practitioner or instacare to get a prescription refill? I am also moving before my doctor will be available and will need a new GYN anyways. Also, if I go to a GP would I have to have a PAP before I can get the prescription? Thank you,

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,

Well if your Gyne is away for next 3 months then your GP can easily prescribe continuation of the birth control pills and PAP smear is not required for the same. It can however be done by the other gyn you plan to choose and he/she can evaluate the report. A delay of 3 months, even, wilttrl not make any difference if you don't have any symptoms of irregular bleeding which could be possible due to cervical erosions. So, continue your birth control through GP.

I hope i have answered your query,