x
181 Physicians Online

Question:

Hello I am having chest and ear pain what do I do?

Hello Doctor, I have been sufffering from a really bad earache and chest pain. It is hard to breathe and it goes to my back at times. I had a weird case of sharp pains from my chest to my left arm. It happened twice when I laid on my back and my throat felt swollen. I woke up with chest pain and shortness of breath. I have no signs of infection and no insurance. I am also really tight on funds so I dont want to waste my money if the doctor will tell me its a virus. Can you please tell me if I can take any over the counter medicine? I already took the z-pack and no relief. Thank you for your time

Answer:

Your symptoms could be due to viral flu for which no treatment is required. Your symptoms should subside on its own within 7-10 days. You can take advil or motrin for the symptoms of pain. Also steam inhalation or a hot shower will help relieve your symptoms. However, if your symptoms worsen, or you develop a fever or cough, you may need to see your health-care provider for further evaluation and appropriate antibiotics.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.