Hello i am having problems in my mid to lower

Q: Hello i am having problems in my mid to lower back. I cant stand on my feet for more than 1 hour without it hurting. I cant even sit up straight for more than 5 minutes. Im constantly in pain and dont know what to do. I went to my doctor and they said i had early scoliosis and that i just needed to work out my back, shoulders and chest. I would just like a second opinion. Thank you.

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

You might be suffering from Ankylosing Spondylitis.
I would advise you to get following investigations done:
1. HLA B27
2. X-Ray Both Hip with Sacro-Iliac Joint
3. X-Ray Lumbosacral spine.

For acute muscular pain I advise following:
1. A combination of pain killer and muscle relaxant containing Diclofenac and Thiocolchicoside.
2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.
3. To apply Diclofenac ointment locally.
4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.
Share my opinion with your Doctor before you act upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.