Hello, I am not a patient, but an entrepreneur based in

Patient

Q: Hello,

I am not a patient, but an entrepreneur based in Japan who is trying to help people with diabetes and related complications avoid late diagnoses and complications.

I would greatly value your advice on the following:

1. When you pick up that one of your patients has diabetes, what stage are they normally at? If the diagnosis is late, what is the reason?

2. How often do people typically get a general medical exam in the US?

3. Is it true that general medical exams in the US do not include blood and urine checks by default? Are these ever done even if the patient has no diabetes symptoms, just in case?

4. What is the typical cost of a general health exam?

5. What is the typical cost of a diagnostic test for diabetes?

6. Would it be at all helpful from the point of view of treating a diabetes patient, to have daily data since their last visit on their urine volume and pH, presence and levels of glucosuria, ketonuria, proteinuria and hematuria? If not, why not?

Yours Sincerely,

Daniel

Doctor