Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello I am taking microgynon 30 and just started a

Hello I am taking microgynon 30 and just started a

Patient: Hello I am taking microgynon 30 and just started a month ago I’m on my 7 day break now but I was wondering if I could take my pill 3 days early so that I can change my period date, will this work? if so will I come off my period straight away or will I still stay on the 7 days?

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.This does work and is a way to change periods in case there are big events coming up suc h as Long trek, Honey moon or some such thing. But, you should see a Doctor to get examined and make sure everything is ok and you can get it done.Hope this works for you. All the best.