Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello, I am very self conscious about my penis.

Hello, I am very self conscious about my penis.

Patient: Hello, I am very self conscious about my penis, I am 17 and I feel as if mine is smaller then usual, what is the average size for a teenager like me?

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.As for the size of the penis, you should mention what the size is in flaccid and fully er ectile situation.The biggest problem the teenagers face is listening and learning to someone who is not expert in the field and their opinions depend many times on a hearsay knowledge which may be wrong.First of all, remember the size of the penis has nothing much to do with the sexual satisfaction for you and your partner.A person with the size of 3.5 to 5.5 inches in fully erectile position have similar functions and pleasures.So do not worry much.You can always have an opinion of a Urologist or a Sexologist if you still have a doubt because the questions related to this have the biggest implications with most of the life. So do not live with misinformation and wrong notions.I hope this answer helps you.