Hello I delivered a baby boy on 1st feb 2015, I still look like 5 months pregnant.

Q: Hello, I delivered a baby boy on febuary 1st 2015 by a c-section i still look 5 months pregnant and am still gaining weight even though am breast feeding my baby am weighing 84 now can u please suggest how to loose weight faster. Am getting so depressed looking in the mirror

A:   Hi,

After delivery, it will take around 6 to 8 weeks for the organs of the body to come to pre-pregnancy state.
This period may vary from person to person.
Exclusive breastfeeding the baby can help in reducing the body weight, whereas medical disorders like thyroid abnormalities, hypertension, postpartum depression etc and a sedentary lifestyle can lead to post pregnancy weight gain.
As now it is only two months over after delivery, better to avoid strenuous exercises or medicines to decrease weight.
Maintaining exclusive breastfeeding and walking for around half an hour per day can help in decreasing the weight gradually.
You should not expect a drastic decrease in weight and that is not recommended also.
If symptoms of depression persist, better to consult your doctor and get evaluated.

Take care