Ask The Doctor > Pending > Hello, I fell about four months ago and severely bruised

Hello, I fell about four months ago and severely bruised

Patient: Hello,I fell about four months ago and severely bruised my hip. I was in the hospital when it happened and I can’t recall any testing being done but I was critically ill at the time making me confused. I had a HUGE hematoma (greater than 6″ by 4″) at the time with severe pain for a couple of weeks that gradually improved.But the past 2-3 weeks it has been waking me up at night with pain. I’m a side sleeper and no matter which side I lay on it wakes me up several times a night.Is there any reasonable explanation for this? Can it be treated? I’m at my wits end with lack of sleep! Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance!Catrina

Symptoms: Hip pain waking me up recently s/p fall 4 mos ago

Doctor: