Hello, I found a sore spot approximately an inch to

Patient

Q: Hello, I found a sore spot approximately an inch to the right of the center of my external occipital protuberance. I believe this is a natural contour of my skull as there is a similar protuberance on the left side. However, on the right it seemed sore didnt think much of it as it was dime size. Two days later the area of soreness is golf ball size moving upward and toward my ear. I don't feel any masses although the area may be a bit inflammed. Also, I have had small headaches. 22 year old, female.

Symptoms:  Soreness spreading
Doctor

A:   Hi.

The natural contours will be the same on both the sides.
If you have more swelling and soreness on the right side without definite lump feeling, this may be the infection of the scalp on the right side.
I would advise you to consult a Doctor to be examined and to give you the prescription of appropriate antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medicines.

Hope this helps you.