Hello, I get quite sore pin prick sized spots/whiteheads

Patient: Hello, I get quite sore pin prick sized spots/whiteheads recurring on one if my nostrils. They come back in the same places all the time and there seems to be nothing I can do to prevent the outbreak or control it when it comes. They typically last a few days then go only to rear their ugly heads a week or two later.I’ve had dry skin all my life and eczema as a child but with a good skin care regime I keep that under control. My skin is generally pretty good other than these nasel outbreaks but I can seem to fix them. Should I see me GP or can this be dealt with at home?? Any suggestions would be welcome!Thank you

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.As per details, the most likely possibility for your symptoms is folliculitis.It is a bacterial infection of the skin involving the hair follicle.I prefer to advise topical antibiotic cream like Mupirocin 2 percent over the affected area. If severe, oral antibiotics like Cloxacillin is given to start.Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you a prescription accordingly.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Take care.

View all posts