Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello,i had a stapedotomie operation on may 20 and hear

Hello,i had a stapedotomie operation on may 20 and hear

Patient: Hello,i had a stapedotomie operation on may 20 and hear my heartbeat so loud its already 3weeks now! Will this go away? Its like standing in a disco with loud heartbeatdounds 🙁

Doctor: Hi.Read and understood that you had stapedotomy operation and after that you have started hearing your heartbeat very loudly.The possibilities are:There is a pre-existing glomus tumor which has got activated.Arteriovenous fistula formation.I would advise you the following:MRI Angiography or intra-venous arteriography of the area.Second opinion of a Senior ENT Surgeon who deals with such cases only can help you.For this you have to talk to your ENT Surgeon and ask very straight forward.Once a you get a proper ENT your problem may be solved.Hope this helps you