Hello! I had an ectopic pregnancy 5 years ago (my

Patient

Q: Hello! I had an ectopic pregnancy 5 years ago (my first ever pregnancy) I did have a burst appendix when I was 7 and it put a hole in my bowels and I did have the operation and all was well. Since that ectopic I have had 2 healthy pregnancies ( 4 year old and 1 1/2 year old) what are my chances of having another ectopic if we were to try for another baby??

Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,
The chances of ectopic pregnancy after first ectopic pregnancy which was treated with salpingostomy increases by 10 per cent with each pregnancy. You have been lucky that you conceived naturally through possibly the other healthy tube, but the chances as per statistics and equations as i mentioned increases by 10% with each pregnancy. So you must bear this fact in mind while deciding for your future conceptions now.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
Wishing you good health,

Patient: My ectopic was treated with methotrexate so there was no surgery involved. Does that make it any less threatening?! My doctor has not put any concerns in my mind with conceiving again and I will be consulting with her as well but figured while the question was on my mind I'd ask!! Also I have had 2 c sections with my previous pregnancy does that pose any risk?
Doctor: Still if the medical management was done for ectopic the risk percentage remains the same for ectopic. However after 2 post lscs status, once conceived the scar thickness should be more than 3mm ideally to avoid any rupture during term, so you become a high risk pregnancy and also chances of a repeat LSCS is more.