Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello, I had irregular periods

Hello, I had irregular periods

Patient: Hello, I had my period a day after I had sex (used pull out method) with my husband. My last period was January 12th and it usually comes back every 29 days. My period was on Feb 9th and not only was it 3 days early this time, but also it stopped around the 4th day when it usually lasts about 6 days. Could it be that I bled due to implantation? Could I be pregnant? I really hope not..

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.The pattern of period is not abnormal, it sometimes can stop earlier than usual with li ghter flow, due to small hormonal changes. It is not an implantation bleed, as it won’t be so late and definitely not lasting more than a day. Hence, there is no possibilities of pregnancy in this case.Hope this helped.Regards