Patient: Hello, I had my nose pierced about 4 weeks ago. I thought I was starting to get an infection but it turned out to be an allergic reaction. The whole left side of my face, that the nose is pierced, is completely red and warm to touch plus itchy and allergic reaction bumps are showing up. Am I able to take my nose ring out? Or am i going to have to suffer for a couple months with the allergic reaction?
Symptoms: Red, itchy face on side of piercing, allergy bumps, warm to the touch, no fever, swelling on face though.
Doctor: Hello,As the redness and swelling has spread well beyond the area involved, also there is redness and warmth involve d it appears that you have developed local cellulitis. This is a localised bacterial infection. To control this you have to take antibiotics along with some swelling reducing drugs.My advice kindly take Tab Augmentin 625 mg thrice in a day for 5 day along with Tab Ibuprofen 400 mg twice a day for 3 days. Also use Bactoban cream twice a day. All these should be taken after consulting your family physician.Hope this will give you reliefRegards