Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello! I had one emergency contraception pill, Levonelle

Hello! I had one emergency contraception pill, Levonelle

Patient: Hello!I had one emergency contraception pill, Levonelle (https://www.dred.com/uk/levonelle.html), within about 1 minute after the unprotected intercourse. However, my cycle lasts for 29 days and my period- for five days. That situation happened on the fourth day after the last day of the period and i am worried, as the ovulation was supposed to happen on 10th day after the last day of the period. What are the chances of being pregnant? And how effective is the pill at the given time period, as the male’s sperm lives longer in a woman’s body than the pill?I would appreciate any advice.King Regards,Alina

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.The Ipill works by changing the uterus factors and also the changing the hormone ranges in the body. This will prevent fertilisation and implantation.Thus, it does not matter if the sperm are alive, you will not get pregnant. Hope this helps you. All the best.