Hello, i had recently gone for health check and

Q: Hello, i had recently gone for health check and found some values high.

1. Homosystine - high
2. c- reactive protein- high
3. Vit- d - low
4. lipoprotien a - high
5. folic acid - low.
6. slight high value of cholesterol.

i am 40 years and smoking habit from 20 years and health issues , height 6 ft, weight 84 kgs

kindly advise with suitable medication

Symptoms:  Nill
Hello,  i had recently gone...-1 Hello,  i had recently gone...-2 Hello,  i had recently gone...-3

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
We are here to help you on this medical health advice platform.

There is nothing significant and to worry about in your reports. You have slight dyslipidemia and no treatment with medications is indicated in that. I will shortly explain you dietary measures for high cholesterol levels.
Your Lipoprotein levels, Homocysteine levels are high which indirectly suggest that you are at risk of heart disease. So, i would advice you to get a ECG and TMT test done.

You should also get your blood sugar tested in case it has not been done yet.
I would advise you to:
1.Reduce your weight.
2.Avoid Fatty food in diet.
3.To consume potato, rice, oil, ghee, sweets, carbonated beverages in moderated amount only.
4. Avoid alcohol and smoking in case you do.

Get your lipid profile repeated after 3 months
Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.
I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.

Patient: Thanks for your reply,, I also have vitamin d low 4.3 ,, pls suggest
Doctor: Vitamin D is frequently low in most of the Indian Population. You can take Vitamin D 60 K Capsules once a week for long term.
Good Luck.