Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello, i had sex with a girl about 18 days and have some questions.

Hello, i had sex with a girl about 18 days and have some questions.

Patient: Hello, i had sex with a girl about 18 days ago and have some questions regarding the possibility of pregnancy. I used a condom that was well stored and left room at the top. I didn’t even ejaculate during sex. However, I am wondering if there is any possibility that she could get pregnant from pre-ejaculate that may have gone through the condom? The condom did not rip to my knowledge.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Condoms have a failure rate of 15 to 20 percent. There is no possibility that she can conceive with the pre-ejaculate. As you are sure there was no ejaculate even with the condom, there is very negligible chance of conception or pregnancy. Also, remember no contraceptive can prevent pregnancy by 100 percent.Hope this helps.Feel free to contact us for further clarification.Regards

Patient: so even if the condom did somehow rip or there was a hole, she couldn’t get pregnant from pre-ejaculate?

Doctor: Hello,
There is negligible chance of pregnancy with pre ejaculate.