Hello, I had thoracic back pain (dully/achey) on my

Q: Hello, I had thoracic back pain (dully/achey) on my right side. This past Feb that lasted through May along with some other minor symptoms including: upper back pain, right shoulder blade burning and right arm tingling, sharp pains in right breast. In mid may all symptoms slowly disappeared. About a month ago, i started developing lower right back pain and slight upper right back pain. Again, I started feeling a numbness in my right arm and right foot. The pain is mild but I'm definitely aware of it. In April I had a thoracic spine MRI that came back normal as well as blood work and a chest xray. My questions are: does this sound like lung cancer, a spinal tumor, or MS? What other tests should i be requesting to get a proper diagnosis?

Symptoms:  Lower and upper right back pain. Slight tingling right arm. Pain scale 2-3.

A:   Hi,

Thank for your query,
Read the history carefully about the pains that started on right with its distribution since Feb, disappearance, started pains again a month ago as you have explained and gives a clue as for the probable cause to be mainly the cervical spine.
My questions are:
Does this sound like lung cancer, a spinal tumor, or MS?

> Your symptoms sound more like cervical spondilitis or disc problem in the cervical region causing the symptoms that you have explained than you have suggested.

What other tests should i be requesting to get a proper diagnosis?
> In such a case the most important findings are noted on a clinical evaluation, actual examination in general and of the neuro-muscular system by your Doctor and preferably by a Neurologist or Neurosurgeon.
MRI of the cervical spine and the scanning of the whole spine including the thoracic and lumbar spine and the brain (there is numbness in the right arm and right foot also).
There is not much value to the blood work as it was done in April, but worth repeating.

These will give the probable diagnosis and a plan for proper treatment.

I hope this answer helps you to get a proper diagnosis and proper treatment.

Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.