Hello, i had unprotected sex with a friend of mine

Patient : Hello, i had unprotected sex with a friend of mine yesterday. Now i have something what looks to be a little bit of blood on the edge where the foreskin stops and goes into more normal skin, i think it's called "glans of corona" it's red and well, looks like if you wouldve pulled it too hard, is this bad? Thank you
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. This is a common finding after vigorous sexual activity. It could be due to mild bleedi ng from the capillaries around the penile tissue and has got collected over the area. An inflammation can also lead to redness and a similar appearance. There is nothing to worry about. In case you experience pain, fever or abnormal bleeding or discharge from the area, see a doctor for an examination immediately. You may need a course of antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medications. Hope this helped. Regards

Related Q&A

Q: I am a 55 year old male. I get a pounding headache while trying to have intercourse just before ejackulation

Q: I was having sex the other day and when I ejaculated my chest felt like it was going to come off of my body. Now my c...

Q: Hello Dr, I hyperventilate alot of over mastrubation. Like 10 minutes or so per 'session'. After that, I get real diz...

Q: Dear dr...i had consulted u earlier also ...my exposyres were very low risk...no penetrative sex niether oral nor ana...

Q: If I have oral gonorrhea, can I give it to my partner by performing fellatio on him?


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon