Hello, I have a lump on my shin and there

Patient : Hello, I have a lump on my shin and there is dark skin around it. I was wondering if it is a bruise or something else.
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. Yes, if there is a swelling, with a bluish skin around it, or dark skin around it, it indicates internal bleeding at the local site, and a bruise. It is a result of an injury. You can apply diclofenac gel 2-3 times daily till the swelling subsides. Hope this was helpful, Regards