Hello, I have a question about a foot/ankle injury I did

Q: Hello, I have a question about a foot/ankle injury.

I did something stupid and jumped 10 feet down onto concrete in bare feet (I thought it was sand in the moonlight--on a beach, from a wall).

Immediately after the fall, I was able to walk, but limping. I heard popping sounds in my tendons when I walked and about an hour later could not put weight on it (I still can't).

I think there is a minor ankle injury, but hardly any swelling on the right side of my right foot. I am more worried about the left side.

On the left side heel--not the bottom, but the side--there is some bruising. The heel itself (the fat pad) is swelling. However if I press down in the center of the fat pad of the heel I don't feel pain; it's on the side of the foot, higher up (and there is a little pain around on the ankle joint on the left-hand side of my ankle too).

Is this a mild ankle sprain with some bruising to the heel? Something more serious? I am concerned because I cannot put weight on my foot.

I live in Mexico, and just recently quit my job to do some writing before looking for something else/moving on somewhere else. I only have about one month of medical insurance left at this time, and it's not very good at that (I don't know if they will do x-rays, and if I need to see a specialist that will take forever, I would have to travel 8 hours to another city, and my month would be up by then anyway).

I am hopping on the other foot at this point, which causes pain anyway--do I need to wrap the foot to stabilize it? Should I look for crutches?

I also cannot put ice on it, as I don't have a refrigerator at the moment. I just moved and was in the process of unpacking (which I can't continue) and was going to get one (which I can't now, I might have to get some people to help me)...being in a foreign country with few options complicates this.

How long might this take to heel? If I could walk on it afterwards, but not now, is it more likely a bruise than a fracture? And if the bruise is on the side rather than the bottom of the heel does that mean I can walk again soon? I know it might be a while before I can go running again, but I am more concerned about walking at this point, for any number of reasons.

Thank you so much for your help.