Hello, I have a question about a record

Q: Hello, I have a question about a record breaking event I want to do. I would like to run from Chicago, IL to Los Angeles, California this run will take a total of 30 days but my real question is how will this run effect my Health what should I be worried about?

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

I have read your question and checked the distances involved. The distance you will have to run will be 2000 miles roughly in a span of 30 days which would involve 70 miles of running daily.

I cannot tell you that you will not get injured but you should probably get checked up before you start the run by a Doctor. You will be facing all injuries related to muscle pain and leg pain and back pain and maybe other pains as well. You toe nails may bleed and calluses form. You should keep changing your shoes and socks to avoid infections.

This is just the tip of the possibilities. You could also suffer heart problems, dehydration, kidney problem. To avoid all problems, please read a full book on ultrarunning and get advice from an ultrarunner.

All the best for your record attempt and you can always write to us for help during the attempt.