Hello, I have a question I cannot find a direct answer online anywhere.

Patient

Q: Hello, I have a question I cannot find a direct answer for online anywhere. I have intercourse twice 3 weeks ago. And then my period came last week and ended on January 31st. I have been having mild cramping off and on all week long and I had one pimple come on my face, normally that never happens. Any suggests of what is going on? Thank you so much in advance!

Doctor

Thanks for the query,
If you have resumed your menses after your sexual intercourse in the month of Jan which ended on 31st, then the chances o pregnancy are negated. However the symptoms you are experiencing is one form of PMS symptoms which may last for a few days even after menses stop. These shall subside on their own and there is actually no cause to worry regarding the same. You may take an antispasmodic, on prescription to counter these cramps if they are uncomfortable for you, rest its a normal process.
Regards,