Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello, I have a question so I’ve been having the

Hello, I have a question so I’ve been having the

Patient: Hello, I have a question so I’ve been having the symptoms that you get when you are pregnant like feeling nauseous, diarrhea, and feeling bloated but I took a first response test and it gave me a negative but I still have the symptoms. Should I not worry about it because the test came out negative or should I go to my doctor ?

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Sometimes the pregnancy test s may need around 2-3 weeks to be positive, if it’s been 3 weeks and it shows negative, then it is negative.The symptoms do match pregnancy, however, could be because of minor gastrointestinal upset too.Hope this was helpful,Regards.