Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello I have a small dark patch on penis No

Hello I have a small dark patch on penis No

Patient: Hello I have a small dark patch on penis. No lump or bump just a patch. No pain or itchiness. Noticed it soon after sex which condom broke

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.It is very difficult to comment on it without seeing an image of the same.Kindly attach an image of the same and I will get back to you.Regards.

Patient: Please see below
It’s not sore or painful. It’s not a lump or spot there is no raise nor texture change. It’s approx 2mm. I’m stressing about it, so I appreciate your help.

Doctor: Hello,
Can you please send it in JPEG format? Because it is asking me to download some composer app, which is difficult. Simple JPEG format would be useful.

Patient: Sorry
I only have iPhone and I can’t send it any other way for you to view. Unless I can send it by email. Failing that it’s no problem. I can go the local doctors

Doctor: Okay you can mail it to [email protected]
The thing is there is no STI that can develop immediately on finishing sex.
So, it could be a bruise that appeared once you finished your intercourse, or the last possibility is that of a fungal infection.
Kindly send the image to [email protected], and I would see and get back to you.

Patient: Okay I’ll send it now.
Thank you for your help. I’m a little less worried now. It was noticed within 5 hours of intercourse. It thought it maybe a small bruise but was unsure so I’ve taken some ibuprofen

Doctor: Thanks.
Yes there is no STI that can develop in 5 hours.

Doctor: Thanks.

Patient: I’ve sent it across to you Doctor
Thank you for your help.

Patient: Did you receive it doctor

Doctor: Yes, sorry for the delay.
The support team just sent it to me.
This once again does not look like a STI, it should be a bruise and should settle down on it’s own, given the acute nature of the appearance.