Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello i have a very bad itch around my anal

Hello i have a very bad itch around my anal

Patient: Hello i have a very bad itch around my anal area

Hello i have a very bad itc...-1

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.The image has been reviewed and seems like an inflammation. the cause of anal itching c ould be a pinworm infection or a fungal itch. Kindly maintain anal hygiene and wash well every time you pass motions. Maintain the area dry. Avoid nylon undergarments, any kind of soaps and cosmetic lotions over the area. Opt for cotton undergarments. Drink plenty of water, avoid constipation.See a general surgeon for an examination and investigate for pinworm. The doctor will treat you accordingly with antihelminthics in case of a worm infestation.Hope this helped.Regards