Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello, I have an infected sore on my scalp that

Hello, I have an infected sore on my scalp that

Patient: Hello, I have an infected sore on my scalp that I believe has caused a swollen lph node on the left side of my neck at my hairline. All of these areas are very tender and hurt to touch. The pain radiates as well and sometimes has made me nausious. Should I seek urgent care? Can I deal with this at home?

Symptoms: Swollen lymph nodes, open sore, pain, swelling.

Doctor: HelloThank you posting your query on ATD.It could be infected lymph node. But it is important to rule out the sour ce and cause of such infection.It can be simple lymph node or might have involved surrounding lymph nodes. It could be extension of middle ear infection.The diagnosis will be revealed by your doctor. You are advised to consult your doctor before that infection causes more damage to you.Wish you a faster recovery.