Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello I have an irregular period Recently

Hello I have an irregular period Recently

Patient: Hello. I have an irregular period. Recently, I’ve been having tender nipples and just today, white vaginal discharge. I’ve noticed that my smell senses have been better lately. For example the other day I went shopping and lingering in the air was a strong scent of Rubbing alcohol. It made me feel sick, but not to the point I wanted to vomit. I took a pregnancy test yesterday. It came out negative. Can be pregnant and have tested too soon?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.If you have taken a pregnancy test after you have missed your cycles, then you can rel y on them, else you may have to repeat it again after a week for accurate results. The symptoms you described are seen in early pregnancy, but none of them are specific to pregnancy. Hence, confirm the same with the tests.Hope this helped.Regards