Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello! i have an IUD i just got it in

Hello! i have an IUD i just got it in

Patient: Hello! i have an IUD i just got it in april and i had sex a couple weeks ago and i dont know if im late or not because i see blood but i dont know if its just the spotting my doctor told me i would have. but my question is if you had sex then see blood are you not pregnant?

Symptoms: Nothing

Doctor: Hello dear,Thanks for trusting ATD about your health care.The chances of pregnancy are very low in your case as y ou are on IUD but if IUD is displaced from its place than there is chances of pregnancy.Spotting can be due to hormonal imbalance cause by IUD or it can be a sign of pregnancy.But spotting after sex should be evaluated by your doctor.Hope it is useful, feel free to ask more questions.Good luck.Regards