Hello I have an painful abcesses on my thigh and

Patient : Hello I have an painful abcesses on my thigh and I wanted to know was it something over the counter I could purchase ?
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query. Read and understood your history of a painful abscess on the thigh and you want to purch ase some over the counter medicines. You can certainly purchase tablet Ibuprofen which is OTC and most of the countries. Take three times a day after food. Apply liquid Povidone Iodine locally to the whole area to make the skin sterile. Anyways it is better to report to ER for clinical evaluation, tests of blood and if required an incision and drainage, proper dressing and prescription based antibiotics and other medicines as may be needed. Hope this helps.