Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello I have been having throat tightness for some time

Hello I have been having throat tightness for some time

Patient: Hello. I have been having throat tightness for some time now I have intense pressure on my chest when I am about to sleep and my throat become s very tight and unbearably. I saw a doctor but he said I might have a reflux problem

Doctor: Hello.Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you our best on this medical platform. I have read your query in detail and i understand your concern. It seems you are suffering from Acid Peptic Disease/ Acid Reflux Disease.This usually presents with pain in upper part of abdomen. If you have any hunger pains, any fullness of stomach or gaseous distension of abdomen after taking meals, you should go for:1. Upper GI Endoscopy- To rule out Peptic ulcers.2. Ultrasound Abdomen- To rule out Gall Bladder stones.I would advise you to take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone and to take anti flatulent and anti-acidity syrup like Digene/Gelusil for symptomatic relief. Don’t consume any alcohol, or smoking in case you do.Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy