Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hello, I have been sick since Sunday I’ve had a

Hello, I have been sick since Sunday I’ve had a

Patient: Hello, I have been sick since Sunday I’ve had a stuffy nose, sore throat, and a cough. Today I threw up twice, what can I do? I have been taking Contac cold & flu medicine, cough drops, and today I drank a little bit of pedialite.

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Your history of stuffy nose, sore throat, and cough and vomiting is suggestive of flu or upper respiratory tract infection. Bad throat can cause vomiting.Continue your medicines and consult a Doctor if there are signs of infection like change in color of phlegm, fever, worsening of symptoms for additional testing and prescription of additional treatment .Also take :Bed rest- helps in early recovery.Steam InhalationsPlenty of oral fluids once the vomiting stops.I hope this works.